Sunday, May 06, 2007

Fifty-Three and Counting

I entered the world on this day in 1954. (For those of you who struggle with this kind of thing, I'm 53.) Other than the fact that it's the Lord's Day, it's really just another day. I'm one step closer to seeing my Lord. That's a good thing. It's certainly something I desire greatly. But there is still work to do as long as God wants me here. Like Paul said, "For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body." Perhaps it's not more necessary for me to stay, but I'll leave that up to the Lord. I desire heaven so much. Especially after hearing Rick Atchley speak of it at Pepperdine.
Speaking of Pepperdine, what a trip! You need to go and hear what I heard this week. The view's not bad either. Wednesday night at President Benton's house looking out his balcony was a gorgeous full moon. Wow! It was breathtaking. But more breathtaking were the passionate lessons I heard and the great fellowship I enjoyed. Have a great day. JW

No comments: