Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Satan's been after me lately. I don't know why. Perhaps he's sensed a weakness, a "more opportune time." But as I get older, the question keeps coming back to me, "What have I done of any importance?" "What have I accomplished that will last?" When I see that, I wonder if I've had an impact at all. Now, this is not the place where you say, "Oh, Jim, don't think like that. I love you and you've meant so much to me. etc., etc. etc. That's not the purpose of this blog. I'm just telling you some heart feelings.
Then I realize, I've asked the wrong questions. It's not, "What have you done?" It's, "How have I let Jesus rule in my life?" Then my life takes on a whole 'nother meaning. It's leaves the "it's all about me.." to "it's all about Him.." He can handle it. He can take care of it. And He can accomplish things that I wiil never see. Perhaps a kind word here that meant little to me may turn up years later as encouragement to someone who remembers that moment and praises God. Or perhaps it will show up in my children. Perhaps they will touch lives, some of whom haven't even been born yet. But it doesn't matter. This isn't about what I want to accomplish. It's about how He will use me. So I'll have to remember that I'm God's poem, just waiting to be read. God's creation. God's man. And I pray that He will be glorified in my life.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Have a great day. JW

No comments: