Monday, November 30, 2009

In All Circumstances

My daughter fussed at me because I haven't written a new post recently. I suppose it's time since I haven't written since Veteran's Day. This comes from the girl (actually, she's a 26 year old married young woman) who yells at houses decorated with Christmas lights before Thanksgiving, "It's not Thanksgiving yet!" I love it. She understands. She gets it.
In our marketing world, we want to make sure we get the jump on the competiton. I'm surprised we haven't started the "lose weight" commercials yet capitalizing on the first of the year resolutions. Perhaps the next thing we'll see is a fireworks stand getting ready for the 4th of July. She wants things to slow down and remember to be thankful. I think it's a prerequisite to being one of God's children. "...give thanks in all circumstances..." the apostle Paul says. He's right. And my daughter is right. Let's not rush this. Besides, I think this whole season of the year is a period of Thanksgiving. Thank you for the bounty we enjoy. Thank you for our families. Thank you for Your Son. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! This season of thanksgiving goes from January 1 to December 31. Okay, now we don't have to yell at the houses as we go by, Meredith. Have a great day.

No comments: