Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas. And for those of you whose Christmas may not be what it has been because of the loss of a loved one or the fact that you may not get to be with your loved ones this year, let me place for you a poem sent to us by my dear Mother who died in March of 2005. I don't know where she got it, but here it is:

I may not get there Christmas eve,
But I would have you folks believe
That my heart will be there with you
With all my love and I'd renew
The family ties that bind us fast
With memories of Christmas past.

I'll close my eyes and see your faces
And all those sweet remembered places
About our home that I shall miss.
And on that day, remember this:
I'm thankful God has given me
So wonderful a family.

With tears in my eyes filled with gratitude and sadness--a strange mix, I know--I wish you all a Merry Christmas! JW

4 comments:

Karen said...

Merry Christmas, Jim!

jackie chesnutt said...

Happy holiday, my friend. I love you.

MamaRose said...

"OUR" AJ & Matt just sent me your blog (address) & I LOVE your Mom's Christmas Poem!!!!!!!!!

I STILL REMEMBER some GREAT TIMES we had at 'ole HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you hear? We're trying to work up/out a CLASS REUNION of 3 Classes--1969, 1970--mine--and, 1971--isn't that yours?--for like the 2nd Home FOOTBALL Game at the Academy this Fall.

IF you're interested, let me know & maybe you can ALSO help 'find'/get the word OUT to YOUR classmates!!!!!!!!!

LOVE & MISS YOU!!!!!!!!! MamaRose/RoRo--the 1st was my name to our boys' high school buds & the 2nd one is my GRANDmother name.
Rosemary B(aggett) Wilson

drjimwhite said...

Hey, Rosemary! Thanks for the comment. No, My classis 1972. Just missed. I wish our group would get together, though. Take care!!