Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A New Resolve

Driving to the office this morning, I realized the end of the year is near. I was trying to get "the" right song on my iPod, but I couldn't find it. Finally, Point of Grace came on singing, "Everybody's worshiping something, I choose You!" Perfect!
With new resolve I face this new year. I have already written down goals most of which I won't share with you. I do want to exercise more. There are some other personal goals for my life. But today I had the resolve to make 2007 a great with for the Lord. I want to love more, care more, be more sympathetic, to worship more freely, to sing His praises more loudly, to celebrate His life by living a life worthy of my calling. I want my heart to become more like Jesus'. I want to see things as He does, to respond the way He would. I want to recommit myself to being His servant, to allow Him to work in me, to be His instrument to play and use however He chooses. To quote Paul, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."
I hope you resolve, too. To be more like Him. It's all right if you miss the mark, because you will anyway. The effort will make you better and you'll become more and more like Him. Have a great day. JW

P.S. Please keep my friend, Al Fowler, in your prayers. He lost his lovely wife way too early in her life right before Christmas. She's celebrating with the angels right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim --- You know I'll be lifting Al up in prayer. Praise the Lord for happy endings!