Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best Day of My Life

I was watching FOX News this morning when the host was talking about he and his daughter attending the White House Christmas party. His daughter made the comment, "Dad, this was the best day of my life."
How would you answer that? Was it the day of your baptism? Was it a particular time when you heard a beautfiul peace of music? Was it a beautiful sunny day?
I have to admit there have been some glorious days in my life. There have been some from which I thought I would never recover. But I started to think, "How would I answer that question?" What's the best day of my life?
I think it's today. Nothing particularly special has happened. I've gotten to eat lunch at Taco Bell with my wife, my son has called twice, I worked on my sermon for Sunday, oh, and I almost forgot, I drank my venti no-water chai from Starbucks this morning. I know what you're saying. "Dull! Dull! Dull!" Maybe, but today is the day the Lord made. And it puts me one day closer to heaven. What a day! Yes, I think today is my favorite. Tomorrow will be my favorite too. Have a good (favorite!) day. JW

No comments: