Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Miracle

I was listening to the morning radio and they were talking of Christmas miracles. A lady told the story of her daughter's cat. The family had had the cat for many years and it disappeared. Finally, about a month later, they found the cat about a block away. Someone had been feeding it hot dogs. It was pretty dehydrated......Are you kidding me? THAT was her Christmas miracle!!????!!
Let's talk Christmas miracles. God, the God of the universe, the God who is All-Sufficient, El-Shaddai, Jehovah God, wanted us to know Him. So He sent His Son, not to glamor and glory, not to hype and hoopla, but to a dirty, dingy manger. Immanuel. God with us. He became flesh and moved into our neighborhood. He showed us the glory of the Father. God in flesh. Now THAT'S a miracle! Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

The Mom behind the Chaos said...

Look! I found your blog..now I can read all about you here!! How exciting for me!!
Happy 2009!!