Sunday, January 04, 2009

Reconciled

Here it is 2009. Somebody, I think it was my daughter, told me I needed to write something on my blog since I hadn't in a while. I've noticed that my blogging has decreased every year since I started this. Perhaps you've heard everything I've had to say. I have to admit that sometimes I don't have anything profound to say. In fact, I doubt I've said anything that's terribly profound. But it is me. It's my thoughts and my ramblings. So there you have it, just a part of me.
This will be a year of reconciliation. II Corinthians 5 tells us that God reconciled us to Him so that we could become His ambassadors for what?...for reconciliation. In our church world of divisive talk, disunity, and division, it's time for reconciliation. That's my theme for this year. Reconciliation.
This year I will do all I can do to heal, not rub salt in the wound. I will do all I can to build up, not tear down. I'll become God's ambassador for reconciliation. Join me in this pursuit. And it is a pursuit, because my initial response is to lash out, destroy, and bad mouth. Not this year. And with God's help, it will be a wonderful year. I hope your year is a good one. JW

No comments: