Monday, January 05, 2009

It's A Great New Day!

Well, it was the first day back at the office in the new year. I was determined that it would start out well and a positive attitude would be the trademark of the day. Nothing, nothing would keep it from being a bad day.
I stopped off at my local Starbucks and they told me that they price of my drink had gone up. Okay, I can handle that because I'm a gold card owner and I get 10% off my drinks anyway. So even if it did go up, it hasn't gotten back up to what I was originally paying before I got my discount? Make sense? Okay, so I'm drinking my drink and I notice something on the lid. It's lipstick! Now by this time, I'm incensed. How dare they give me a used lid for my chai. Then I looked at the color of the lipstick and it looked faintly familiar. Yes, it was my wife's color of lipstick. I had given her a peck right before she exited the car to go to work and that smudge of lipstick on my drink came from, yes, from my lips. But what a sweet reminder of how the day really began.
Then it was my Bible reading and a visit to Cody Elementary to deliver the latest batch of warm gloves for the kids. Great start! Great day! Great life! Nice try Satan. But this is a great start to a new day and a new year. Hope yours is the same. JW

P.S. Starbucks still raised the price of my drink. Stop it! Stop it! Get behind me Satan!

1 comment:

Karen said...

The lipstick story is priceless. I can picture it in my mind... Thank you for the chuckle.

Sorry your chai has gone up in price. With them closing some stores, I guess they have to make up the revenue somehow.