Thursday, January 15, 2009

-15 Degrees and Still Encouraged

It was -15 degrees this morning when I woke up. Not -15 degrees wind chill--but -15 degrees. Now I can take it. This old boy has had a tooth knocked out, partially cut off a finger on a large table paper cutter, and a variety of other injuries, but there is something about stepping into -15 that is just indescribable. An Anarctic researcher I could never be. Thank God there are those who enjoy that kind of work. Fortunately, I'm not one of them.
But as I put on my Nano this moring, a song came on. I've put the words of this song on this blog before. This has to be one of my all-time favorite songs.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood, support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in Him be found,
Dressed in His righteousnes alone, faultless to stand before the throne.

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.


This cabinet maker's song began my day. Before the sun came up and I could get my morning chai, I was encouraged by these words, in spite of -15 degree weather. Then I read of Jesus' resurrection and God's promise to Isaac. Wow! I couldn't have asked for any more. Now for a day of encouragement. Lord, please place the people in front of me that You need encouraged as You have encouraged me today. I pray in your blessed Son's name. I hope your day is a good one. JW

No comments: