Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mixed Signals

Someone had posted a picture on a blog I saw the other day. The picture was a glass door with this sign, "THIS IS NOT A DOOR!" On our recent trip to Florida, we were driving back through Mississippi when I saw this sign, "Dry Creek Water Recreation Area." My take on food that is good for you and food that is bad for you--if it tastes good, it's bad for you. If it tastes awful (or has very little taste), it's good for you.
The world sends funny signals doesn't it? God told Eve not to eat of a certain tree in the Garden because she would die. The serpent said if she ate of it, she wouldn't die. Isaiah says, "Woe unto them who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Things that we think look so good end up being evil in the long run. And that's the way Satan likes it. He's even described as one who dresses up like an angel of light.
Jesus never wavers. He's always there, always dependable, always the same. He'll never leave you. Matthew 28:18-20 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8. He doesn't trick. He tells it like it is. He doesn't sugar-coat, He's always honest, He will never deceive you or leave you. I like those odds. So why is it so very hard to understand? That, my friend, I don't guess I'll ever figure out. Hey, let's go swimming at the Dry Creek Water Recreation Area. I'll meet you there!! Have a great day! JW

No comments: