Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Creature of Habit

I am a creature of habit. I hate to admit it, but it seems I do the same things in the same ways all the time. My first item of business is to read my Bible, do the Sudoku and Crossword Puzzle from the USA Today, then I read my e-mail. But it's even more disgusting than that.
Today I was talking to my wife about Christmas in Searcy. My mother-in-law tells me it's my job to make a fire. You have to realize in Searcy, Arkansas, it's not always cold on December 25th. There are times when it's just downright balmy. But that doesn't matter, we have to have a fire. I make it the same way every year. You get one of those starter fire block things, then add the wood. I stuff myself silly with the cooking of so many good cooks, especially my wife's.
But one habit that I hope to never get out of is to be thankful. Count your many blessings, name them by the ton. Paul was the epitome of gratefulness. Don't be anxious about anything but with prayer and thanksgiving make your requests known...I thank God every time I think of you...Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Take some time to write down what you are grateful for. This year is almost over. Time for a new start. Our God, however, is the God of new starts every day. Don't believe me? Read II Corinthians 4. I hope your day is a good one. By the way, that's how I end nearly all of these blogs, isn't it? JW

No comments: