Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Storm

As you have probably heard, we had a massive storm hit Omaha last Friday evening. I was in my office and heard the tornado sirens go off, but when I looked outside there was nothing. It suddenly darkened in my office when I heard the second tornado siren go off. This time there was a massive white cloud moving as fast as I've ever seen a cloud move and it seemed to be only a block from me. I was scared. My mouth was dry and I went downstairs into the basement of our building. I saw limbs falling and the wind blowing so hard. Franklin, our youth minister, called me and asked if I was near a TV because he was in the basement of his house.
To make a long story short, there were straight line winds of over 100 mph. Massive tree damage. My yard was full of debris.
Everything is cleaned up. Life is back to normal. But what a display of power. And our God is bigger than it all. He is awesome!

No comments: