Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reacquaintance

I've been getting reacquainted. It's been too long and I've allowed the relationship to slip. It certainly wasn't intentional, but nonetheless, it happened. By this time, you're probably wondering who I am talking about. Was it an old friend with whom I had a falling out? Was it a family member? Just who was it? The answer to the above questions is "yes."
You see, I've allowed the Holy Spirit to get away from me. I've quit listening. I've been remiss by not allowing Him to lead me. Of course, it is I who makes the decision to follow. He never forces. He just reminds, guides, prompts, and then I follow. Now you're saying, "Jim is certifiably crazy! He's lost it." That's all right. Listen to these verses.

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:13, 14

What blows me away about this passage is the way it ends. I have it circled in my Bible. It says:

But we have the mind of Christ.

Think about that for a minute. The mind of Christ. If we allow Him to work, we will be His hands. We will be His ears. We will speak His words. And oh, what a wonderful life it will be. Call me crazy. That's all right. But I'm going to choose to listen to His promptings. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Great thoughts.
Keep up the great blogging.
I read regularly.
I am going to try to respond more as time allows.
Your blog is one of my favs.
I pray for you and your ministry regularly.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry
Aka,
Preacherman