Monday, August 04, 2008

It's Over

We're back. After a great time of spiritual uplift, my son, daughter, son-in-law, and I are back from camp. What a great time of beautiful singing, wonderful classes, and just terrific time of fellowship. It was truly an awesome week.
I knew I was home when I went to pick up glasses that had been ordered two weeks ago and they weren't in. Then I proceeded to the Alltel store because my phone had been doing some crazy things and they told me it was gone. With ten months on my contract, basically my option was to get a new phone. Grrr. But I was not going to let this get to me. The week at camp was far more satisfying than any stuff that had or had not come in or a phone that didn't work.
Satan is a sly old thing. He's not going to win this round. I'm sure I'll have to fight him again, but for now I'm still hearing "How Great is Our God" sung by nearly 200 campers filling the hills with that glorious anthem. I'm still basking in the encouragement of friends and campers, counselors and elders. How can you not be encouraged when you receive a note that says in part, "I love you and pray God will always bless you." Or how about, "Thank you for your time, love, and wisdom that you give so graciously every year." I don't tell you those things to brag on myself. I tell you those things to let you see the encouragement that comes from such weeks. God bless our Christian camps! May they always be there! May they always prosper. May they always proclaim how great is our God! Have a great day! JW
P.S. It's good to be home!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. I sure do look forward to something like that one of these days.

Hope you and the new phone are getting along!