Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Good Intentions

I just heard a pretty cool commercial. Tiger Woods was talking about what his father taught him. He mentioned that failure was not an option, to listen to others and then make your decisions. He talked of listening to others, but not necessarily living off of their expectations. He talked of following through on your goals and dreams. The commercial? I think it was for a watch. Kind of disappointing after a good start.
I don't know, it seems as if we can talk a good game in church. We'll tell of what we're wanting to do. We'll mention that this year will be a good one because of our recommitment to God. We'll give all of our intentions. Then we'll do something that really doesn't matter. Kind of like the commercial.
Good intentions are nice, but they don't accomplish anything, other than make us feel good. We (I) need to be a people (person) of action. Perhaps we need to listen to what God, our Father, has taught us. Compassion moves us to action. Need moves us to meet the need and to share of our means. Satan's moves should be met with our stands. God marches on and so should we. "Onward Christian soldiers..." the old hymn goes. Let's go.
I hope your day is a good one. JW

P.S. Thanks for letting me vent about losing my son to college.
P.S.S. Pray for those who are displaced and who have lost valuable things because of Hurricane Gustav. I was there after Katrina and they can't take much more.

No comments: