Monday, March 07, 2011

The Story

I'm teaching the high school class on Sunday mornings. Wow, it's been a long time so it will be a challenge. Yesterday we talked about what makes a good story. There were a variety of answers from complications to tragedies to resolution of those tragedies. But one young teen called out the word "love." As they say on Family Feud, "Good answer, good answer!"
As we turned the discussion to the story of the Bible, we were able to see how all of Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is one single line of love. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son...." It's the story all throughout the Bible. As Adam and Eve fall, the march begins on a purposeful, resolute journey to the cross of Jesus. He loves us (you) so much! And He wants us to love Him too.
It's really very simple. We have studied it, analyzed it, argued about it, but it really comes down to the simple song that I sing to my new grandson. As I hold him and he cries, I simply sing softly in his ears the words of "the Story."

Jesus loves me this I know;
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so!


I hope you have a wonderful day! JW

No comments: