Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Perfect Word

I'm looking for the perfect word. The search has been fruitless so far, but that doesn't stop me from finding it. I've blogged before about God's love and how it seems there is always a descriptor or superlative when defining it. I'm just trying to find one word that hits the nail on the head.
"Amazing" seems to fit, but it's already been taken by grace. I know that grace has to be an outgrowth of God's love. Amazing grace is already in our vocabulary and I just don't want to use it again.
Unfailing seems to be a word used by the Psalmists. Once again, it's a good word, but it just doesn't seem to be the all-encompassing word I want. I know that God's love is unfailing. I'm just looking for something that just fits.
I heard the word "astonishing" the other night in a song. That comes a little closer because God's love is astonishing. It's not quite there, but I like it.
I'll just keep on searching for the right word. If you have a suggestion, I'd like to hear it. Until then, I'll keep looking. Perhaps I'll never find the word I want. Maybe His love is just indescribable. Nevertheless, I'll keep exploring. I hope your day is a good one. JW

2 comments:

Franklin Wood said...

Sacrificial
Never-ending
Deep
Abnormal
Surprising
Confusing
Inspiring
Take your pick! But, it still doesn't seem to be enough...

jackie chesnutt said...

Jim, you know my simplistic vocabulary. The best I can come up with is 'wow'!

Thanks for your thoughts. I love you.