Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oil on the Beard

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! It is like precioius oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes.Psalm 133, 12

I have to admit I've never had the experience of oil running down on my beard. It must be good although it doesn't sound that great to me! But our service together Sunday with the brethren from the Omaha Church was wonderful. There was an excitement, an electricity that I haven't felt for a long time. When we ate together afterword, it was a wonderful time of fellowship. And even though we took the Lord's Supper together, I imagine that our meal afterward was more like the meal that they ate together in New Testament times.
Now I know why some fussed and griped about this. It was Satan at work. He can't stand brethren worshiping together, fellowshiping together, being together in harmony.
My call to anyone who reads this is to gather together with others just as we did. In spite of differences, there is a beauty that is indescribable. If we did this more often, the world would see the beauty of Jesus. Jesus prayed about the unity of His church in John 17. Paul encouraged us to be like-minded in Philippians 2. Why don't we do it more often? I think I know. I hope your day is good. JW

1 comment:

jackie chesnutt said...

Great stuff, Jim. Thanks for setting the example for us all. I love you.