Monday, October 15, 2007

What the World Needs Now

I haven't written much lately. There hasn't been too much to say. So my theory is, if there isn't much to say, don't say anything!
When I do have something to say, it seems to hit me like a ton of bricks. There was a song years ago that was written in my early teen (or pre-teen) years. It says, "What the world needs now is love, sweet love." Now on the surface, I think that's true. After all, Jesus told the lawyer that the greatest command was to love God with all your heart and the second greatest was to love your neighbor. What has hit me lately is what the world needs now is grace, sweet grace. What a fallen world we live in! I'm saddened each day as I see what Satan does. He tears apart homes, he destroys lives, he lies, he cheats, he devours. He doesn't win. God is victorious! Satan will not make it. God conquers! We need to understand that. But what we need is God's grace. Now I now that grace stems from God's love.
And the more I see the fallenness of the world, I know the world needs God's grace. Not so that we can do whatever we want. No, because I believe that grace changes us. John Newton says that grace is a sweet sound. Listen to his words:
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, And grace my fears relieved; How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.
Thro' many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; 'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home.

Oh, for a world with more grace. My it begin with me. I hope you have a great day. JW

No comments: