Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Two Women

These are two women who have earned the right to be bitter. One lost her daughter to a senseless murder. The killer has yet to be apprehended. The other lost a son in a tragic tornado at a scout ranch. I talked to one yesterday via e-mail, I saw the other as I left my office.
What was their demeanor? Well, one sent me an e-mail about a mutual friend whose daughter has been in the hospital but is recovering. She talked of God's work through prayer...how amazing He was in working His will throughout the world. At the end of the e-mail she said, "...But, there again, God had everything under control…we have so much to be grateful for." Does that sound bitter, angry, discouraged?
The other, as previously mentioned, I saw as I left my office yesterday. She was driving in as I was driving out. Again, how did she act? She waved. Not just a wave of recognition. But a spirited wave of the hand, back and forth, a smile on her face as if she was glad to see me. I'm sure she was. That's just the way she is.
I'm not saying these ladies' don't have sadness in their lives. They grieve, I'm sure, every day for their loved one. But they don't choose gloom. They choose to believe that God is in control and that He will make all things clear. They choose to believe there is more than just this life. They have decided to be hopeful. Frankly, I consider it an honor to know them. They are heroes to me. They have come through those difficult times and are still standing because they believe in El-Shaddai, the Almighty God, the All-Sufficient One.
There are others around just like them. You see them every day. Thank God for those who have put their trust in God. Praise His name for His promise to never leave us. Put in faith in Him because He is the only One who will never fail. I hope your day is a good one. JW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim, your posts are incredible and have so very much meaning! Thank you!