Monday, November 19, 2007

God Spoke

When I tell about these things, I'm sure there are those who think I'm nuts. But I still believe in this. Yesterday in our worship, we dedicated the entire services to being thankful. We prayed prayers of thanksgiving, we sang songs of being thankful, we read scriptures of praise. One time as we were singing Father of Mercies, something interesting happened. You know what it's like to have your eyes closed and then you sense lights getting brighter? That happened as we sang that song. I thought someone had turned up our lights in the auditorium. No, what happened was the sun came out and shown through our stained glass and it was brighter than usual. It was almost as if God was saying, "Good job! Thanks for being thankful." There have been a number of moments like this in my life. Some will say it was just a natural thing that happens in the course of nature. I chose to believe that God spoke. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

Father of Mercies...what a GREAT song of thanksgiving!