Thursday, November 29, 2007

Prayer is So Good!

Two things I've noticed about prayer this morning. I knew them both beforehand, but it is easy to see why Satan doesn't want us praying. First, when you begin the day in prayer, you'll notice a change in everything. A change in your attitude. A change in the attitude of others. A freshness of the new day--a renewal if you please. A confidence in the Lord. I could go on and on.
Second, if you have the opportunity to pray with shepherds like I have, what a wonderful experience it is. To paraphrase one of my elders. "Take away the dreams that I have for this church and fulfill Your dreams for this church." What a great attitude! What a tremendous humility. Now you can see why prayer does so much. It exposes what we're really like and it helps us to see what God is like.
So why don't we pray more? Good question. I hope your day is a good one. JW

No comments: