Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I've Trained Her Well

I've trained her well. Here it is November 14th and the Christmas lights are coming up. The lights from the Jack-o-Lanterns aren't cold yet, and the Christmas trees and other decorations are evident. There is a holiday in between. In fact, it's really my favorite holiday.
What do you mean you've trained her well? My daughter, my 24-year-old married daughter was with us in the car last night as we drove past a house with the Christmas lights glowing. "It's Thanksgiving!" she yelled. (Really, she yelled.) Perhaps this is a symptom of our country. We've forgotten to say, "Thank you." Let's just go from dressing up like a fruit cake and go directly to the "show me the gifts." I was pleased to know that she still sees the Thanksgiving holiday as important. Please don't misunderstand me. I love Christmas, too! I just don't want to rush it.
Colossians 3:15 says, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Thankful. Def. Thank--ful. Full of thanks. I'm glad my daughter still sees Thanksgiving. Shouldn't we all? Have a great day! JW

1 comment:

One Observationist said...

That's great Jim. I was cracking up. Christa doesn't like any x-mas lights before thanksgiving.

Also, Thanksgiving for Christa and me is our favorite holiday. No pressure to purchase anything, just good companionship, good food, good times. Thanksgiving is perhaps the most spectacular secular holiday we have in this country.

Oh, and let's not forget the football!

Hope you and your family can enjoy it together next week.