Saturday, February 09, 2008

Temporary/Eternal

I just watched a show on HGTV (please don't tell anyone) and was amazed by the show. Most of the shows are alike. Someone usually comes and and completely redoes a room, house, etc. Then they bring the person(s) in and they respond to the renovation.
Today, when the people saw the changes, they (I kid you not) cried. They were going up and opening the drawers, opening cabinet doors, touching the things to (in the words of the host) to make sure they were real.
Now, I don't know about you, but to get so excited about something that is completely and totally temporary is really sad. On the other hand, I've seen people weep when they became a disciple of Jesus and cry tears of joy when witnessing others becoming a disciple. Now that's something to weep tears of joy over.
Fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. Temporary/Eternal. Not much of a choice really. Have a great day. JW

P.S. You probably really don't care, but I'm sorry I haven't blogged more recently. This cursed chest cold has really gotten me down. Feeling better, then worse, better, then worse. I hate the roller coaster. Mucinex is my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I care very much!! I've missed reading you...and figured it was probably related to only having two ministers there. I have been thinking about you lately...I'm gonna call you. I'm in Frederick, MD now; back home on 14 Feb. I'll call you tomorrow or you call me!!
God bless!!