Thursday, April 06, 2006

Renewal

It's slowly happening. The weather is slowly warming. The flowers are coming out. The trees are starting to bud. Tornado warnings are in the air. This morning, I heard the birds chirping. It's springtime! I love this time of year. I just wish we had some redbuds and dogwoods in Nebraska.
There's something about renewal that gets to me. Everything that has been dead, dreary, dull, is now coming alive. And although I'm not a fan of mowing grass, there's something about the green of the yards, the smell of freshly mowed grass.
Everyday, God renews us. He forgives. He makes whole. Whiter than snow. Pure. My favorite Bible verse, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." What a tremendous thought! Happy Spring! Happy Renewal! Have a great day! JW

1 comment:

David U said...

ahh.......renewal! They ARE new every morning!

DU