Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Glad

Some of you remember the old song book "Great Songs of the Church." We used to sing from that at the College Church in Searcy, AR. There are some great songs in that book. I'll admit, some of them are kind of high church stuff, but there are some beautiful words with wonderful thoughts.
We used to sing a song Arise, My Soul, Arise. Listening on my iPod Nano today, Glad sang the same song with the words changed somewhat. A good improvement I might add. Here's what struck me.
Before the throne He stands, before the throne He stands, my name is written on His hands.

Before the throne of grace, before the throne of grace, He glady takes my place.

Then, one line particularly moves me. They sing ...this ransomed sinner must not die. I like that. Must not die. Urgency. Our message is so urgent. Jesus does gladly take our place. My name is written on His hand. That's so good. I hope your day goes well. JW

P.S. Be praying for my son who just left for a trip to Florida. His mother and I will be following tomorrow so my blogging will be finished until Monday. See you then.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Praying for everyone's travels and for Nate's solo. Sure wish I could be there to hear him! I don't think I'll be setting foot outside of California any time this year.

David U said...

I probably sang that song with you at College church! :)