Monday, March 05, 2007

John 3:17

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while but the blizzard of 2007 hit us last Thursday and it's been hard to get out. No kidding, a foot of snow and the wind blowing sometimes over 50 miles an hour.
Remember the verse, John 3:16? Of course, everyone knows that verse. It is the most quoted verse of all Scripture. But have you ever read the verse right after it? "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." Yeah, so what?
What do we do most of the time? We condemn everyone. I don't mean we condemn people to hell (although I know a lot who do). I'm talking about griping about the way people drive, the way they talk, they way they do certain things. We complain about their lifestyle, their hair, and everything else. Jesus himself didn't come into the world to condemn. He came to save. Shouldn't that be our mission also?
Which brings in grace. My words should be full of grace. My actions should be full of grace. My attitude should be full of grace. Why? Because that's what Jesus did. You might say, "What about the passage in Matthew 7:6? Don't cast your pearls before swine." I get the impression Jesus is talking about religious people there (mind you, I make a distinction between religious people and spiritual people).
I'm working on this. I wrote several blogs back that I the older I get, the more I get into grace. Fewer rules and regulations. More freedom in the Lord. And above all else, less condemnation. Have a great day. JW

No comments: