Monday, February 06, 2006

Balance

I've mentioned before in this blog that we as a nation, as a church, as families are entirely too busy. Multi-tasking is a word we didn't use several years ago. Yet it is something we all do. On the other hand, there are more and more books talking about how must slow down, shift our loads, not commit so much. And though I agree with most of the latter, I think the key to all of this is balance.
As I drove to work this morning, my overwhelming feeling was a lack of contentment. Paul seemed to deal with that in Philippians when he said "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Huh? That's not talking about contentment. Yes, it is. Read it and weep. See the context. Paul says that he has learned to be content in any and every situation. "Godliness with contentment is great gain." Another great Paul quote. And though balance and contentment are not the same things, they are complementary. They are close. In seeking contentment, perhaps we will find it in balance. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

Donna G said...

You are right

It is what is wrong with me.

Multi-tasking = patience killing.