Monday, February 27, 2006

Non-Performance Based Value

I had another one of those moments with my son the other day. He had a show choir contest last weekend and we were driving to the school so he could catch his ride. I told him that I was proud of him and I wanted him to know that I didn't care if they won or lost the contest. His value to me was not based on his performance at the event. It was found in the fact that he was my son. He looked at me and said, "Well, I want to win." I told him that was all right, but I was proud of him win or lose. He looked at me and shook his head. I think he got it. When your kids are at that age, you take what you can get and I got a head shake. I think it made it through.
By the way, they did win. I was proud, but I would have been anyway. Have a great day! JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sure wish we were there to get to listen and watch. Tell Nate congratulations for me.