Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Friend

I'm getting a little scared, a good friend of mine is really starting to show it's age. Frayed around the edges, I'm not sure how long the binding will last. I'm not talking about a human, I'm talking about my Bible. I've departed with one before, but there's something special about this one. I was looking at the worn edges of the pages and I could see where I had spent a lot of time studying. There are little notes written all over it and I don't want it to retire. I've even bought another one in anticipation, but I just can't make myself change over.
I've been told I can rebind them. But I just can't bring myself to even be parted with it long enough to have that done, and then, will they do a good job? Will it be better than before? Friends come and go, but a good Bible is for life. At least I hope this one is. Have a good day. JW

No comments: