Friday, June 02, 2006

Trip Tomorrow

Today has been a day of buying, packing, washing, preparation. Tomorrow twenty-two of us will begin our journey to New Orleans to work with the Tammany Oaks Church and help with Jesus in New Orleans (JINO). What a story of faithfulness you'll find in this congregation. They have done so much and God continues to bless them. As about 500 of us, young and old alike, converge on this work, please remember us in your prayers. Pray for safety, opportunties, and growth. Pray that New Orleans will truly see Jesus in us.
My experience with this kind of work is we go down to be a blessing. We return by being bless far more than we blessed. I pray that will happen again.
So I'll not be blogging for a little over a week. Check back in on June 12 and I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about. God bless you in what you are doing today and this week. JW

P.S. May I also ask a personal pray for my family while I'm gone? My son is going with me, but please pray for my wife, my daughter and her husband. Thank you more than you'll ever know.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

You've got prayers...

David U said...

All of you are in our prayers!

DU