Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Answered Prayer

We call them "Heart Groups" at camp. It's just a group of people who talk about the week and their troubles and their hopes and their....We split the boys (wisely) from the girls and we get together in a circle and we just listen. I heard my own son talk of troubled times in his life. By the way, it coincided with difficult times in my life. Moves and friends and changing friends. "By some twist of faith," he said, one of his friends came into his life at just the right time. I stood up and told him it wasn't a twist of faith, it was an answered prayer. You see, everyday as I dropped him off at school, I would say this prayer. "Father, keep him safe today. Bring him close to friends who will bring him close to You. Bring him close to teachers who will do the same. Keep Satan away." These two, sometimes three young men help each other. It's exactly the way I prayed it. God was faithful! There were other testimonies that night. Love for Green Valley Bible Camp. Suicidal thoughts. Old men crying. All in all, we were moved and lifted by hearing these young men proclaim their love for each other and for God.
As we walked down the valley to meet the girls, a rock (not a pebble, but a good sized rock) came tumbling down the hill. It was if one of Satan's legions, not happy with what had just happened, held back by one of God's angels, could only muster this little rock down toward our group. Perhaps an overactive imagination on my part, but humor me. I'm sure Satan was not happy. And that's the way I like to keep him. Have a great day. JW

No comments: