Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Who Am I?

As I read other blogs I so admire the ability of others to be so deep, so profound in their thoughts. I envy them (in a good way) in their ability to be so thoughtful in what they say. They piece together their words so as to provoke such an emotion in my heart. Today I thought I would do the same, but my words fall far short.
I wanted to say that I believe that God is the Creator of the universe. He is in control and I'm not. He knows all and I don't. He is all-wise and I certainly don't match up to that qualification. So why do I try to take control? It's time to let Him be God and for me to be the created.
I believe that Jesus is His son. That He came to earth, literally, He lived and made an impact on His community, and was killed by a mob who didn't know what they were doing. It wasn't an accident that He died. No, in fact He gave Himself up intentionally so that I might have a chance. So that you might have a chance also.
Why did God send His son, and why did Jesus die so willingly? Because He loves me. We sing that old song, "Why Did My Savior Come to Earth," and we sing the chorus, "He loved me so." I can't sing that. He loves me so. He still does. He'll never stop. Why does He love me? That I'll never understand. I can try to reason it out, I can rationalize just about anything, but I cannot understand why the Creator of the universe, the one in control, the all-wise, all-knowing God would love this little piece of protoplasm that sits at this computer every day and types out something that is so trivial....but He does. And He loves you, too. So rather than fight it, I can only just accept it. I don't know what else to do. Okay, yes I do know what to do. I can revel in it. I can praise God. I can live like it. I can live like a child of the King. And so today, I will worship Him. I will bow down before Him and realize that He is the Lord. He is God and I am His child. Have a great day. JW

No comments: