Tuesday, August 29, 2006

If I Died Tonight

I had a weird dream last night. This wasn't like others that I have had in the past. (No, I didn't eat pickles and ice cream before going to bed. In fact, I had been at an elders meeting. Wait a minute....) In this dream, I knew I was to die. The exact time and place had been determined. A funeral was held for me and people came. (That was a refreshing thought!) In fact, I remember greeting people coming out of the funeral and thanked them for coming. I searched for and called out for Mom and Dad. I told them that I was going to be fine, not to mourn for me, and that I was going to meet Jesus. But I had a strange feeling of angst. What was it going to be like to die? There was a feeling of excitement and anticipation. It was a strange mix of emotions. Then I woke up.
What if you knew? What if you really knew the moment you would die, what would you do differently? Would your life dramatically change? I started to think seriously about that. What about you? What would you do? Perhaps I'll give you my feelings on another day. Have a good day. JW

1 comment:

One Observationist said...

If I knew exactly when, where, how I was going to die I really have no idea how I would react. If it were a year from now I definitely would make sure my wife was taken care of financially. I would get that house in order immediately. Which brings up some thoughts that perhaps I spend my money frivolously on things that I really don't need or could live without.

There is always more that we could do. More people we could impact, etc. I came to a conclusion a while back that I have to live every day in the best way that I know how. I have to study life every day, learn from it, and most importantly live it. None of us are perfect, but if we work at living I really don’t think we’ll have any regrets.

There are things I would have done differently in my life but I feel pretty good about things right now. I feel like I’m in a good spot with God. I know if he wanted me to go do some task I’d follow. I’m just waiting for him to lead me. That’s a good feeling. I’m waiting on God rather than trying to make it happen.

Well I’m probably not making a whole lot of sense, but thanks for stirring up some thoughts. That was some really great food, thanks Jim.

Jeremy