Monday, January 22, 2007

Bad Day

At first I thought when I wrote a blog and it didn't post that it was a sign from God that He didn't want me to publish those particular thoughts to all who might see. Now, I'm just thinking I'm just pretty stupid! It's been one of those mornings. I lost a glove (one glove! It was my father-in-law's glove.), I deleted a perfectly good blog that I thought was poignant and witty and good, and then I've had someone disappoint me by not following through on a task.
But God is good and reminds me constantly not to take things too seriously. Once again, my friend Dee Skillen sends me something and #1 on the list is "Life isn't fair, but it's still good." Okay. I can handle that, but I still am not having a good day. I'm a busy man and I have things to do and these roadblocks are not making it any easier. #4--"Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does." But you don't understand. I thought this stuff was taken care of and I don't need this today. #16--"Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Okay! Okay! Okay! My bad. I have a smile on my face. "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." I'll be happy. But I'll be happy being dragged kicking and screaming. Have a great day. JW

P.S. By the way, I called the place where I think I lost the glove. They found it. Hey, the day's getting better already!

No comments: