Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Contentment

For some reason, my post didn't publish this morning. I guess it wasn't worth reading! My goodness it is cold in Nebraska this morning! The sign at the bank said it was -4 below zero. I started to bemoan the fact that it was so cold and then I started to think about those in Antarctica. (I know, I know, what a weird thing to think!) But here's what I was thinking. No matter what your condition in life, you can always find someone or something worse. Green Valley Bible Camp was over 100 degrees this summer. But I bet if you had gone to Death Valley, CA it would have been hotter.
Paul said that no matter what place he found himself, he was able to be content. So that's where I am today. If it's cold, there's somewhere else that's colder. If it's windy, there's somewhere else that's having a tornado. If I have a cold, someone is dealing with cancer or something else more serious. Content. That's what Paul told us to be. You want to know how to find something really good in all of this? You want a big return on your investment? Paul said that godliness + contentment = great gain. All right, all right. I get the picture. But you have to admit, it's still cold! Have a great day. JW

No comments: