Monday, January 15, 2007

Judgment

This weekend my family attended a show choir competition that my son participated in. After performing they are judged on a variety of things and then ranked. Obviously, I'm not biased. But I was amazed that my son's show choir didn't place higher than they did. If you know me very well, this got me thinking.
We are judged by so many things in our lives. Teens are given a score by the video game they play judging their skills. They are also judged daily by their peers on their clothes, their talents, and just about anything else you want to name. Teenagers are not shy about expressing their opinions, nor do they care what anybody thinks when making those judgments. Teachers rate their students all the time. Bosses evaluate their employees and if they are not performing, they are fired.
Can you imagine if our Christianity were judged by the same standards? That's how some people measure the "Christianity quotient." If you do a certain amount of good deeds, and your bad deed numbers are smaller than the good deed numbers, then it's been a good day. Thankfully, we don't serve a God who measures us in such ways, although to hear some, that is the way He judges us.
But if you enter the courtroom of judgment, you'll hear these words, "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? Who is he that condemns?" Then listen to these words. "Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." So in the courtroom of judgment, we serve a God who's Son intercedes. I'll take my chances with Him! Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

David U said...

Me too Jimbo! By the way, your fax made it. Thanks bro!

DU