Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Press On!

At this point, my father would always say something like, "I haven't seen you in a year." I know, it's corny. But it was my Dad. Here we are at the beginning of 2007. There is so much to say, but I won't say it all here. First, I want to say that 2006 is over. Good or bad. Profitable or unprofitable, it's over. There's nothing we can do or say that can change a thing. Paul said, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
I love that passage. Forget what is behind...good or bad. It's over. The trophies won, the losses that occurred. The victories, the defeats. They're all over. This is a new day, a new year. And besides, our Lord renews us every day. What a comfort. What a joy! What a message!! That's the message for 2007. Our mistakes are never fatal. Our victories are only temporary viewed only in the fact that the real victory has already been won by Jesus. Let's press on. Let's strain. Strain to what? The prize that we've been called heavenward. Have a great day. Have a great year. JW

No comments: