Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Desert

There are times when it just doesn't happen. There's nothing pertinent or glib to say. The words just don't come, nor do the thoughts. To one who makes his living by talking, that used to be and sometimes is still frustrating. But I'm learning. I'm learning that sometimes it's better just to shut up. (We weren't allowed to say "shut up" in my home growing up, so it's hard to even write it!) Sometimes it's better to "be still and know that I am God."
So when the words don't come, I still know that God is faithful. When I just don't seem to be hitting on all cylinders, I know that God never slumbers. When I dont' have anything bright to say, I know that God has already said it. Period. No need for another paragraph. But as I read today in II Chronicles, and with these words I'll leave you today, "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." Have a great day. And don't worry if you feel like you're in the desert. The rain is coming. In fact, they're showers of blessings. JW

No comments: