Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's Like Riding a Bicycle

"It's like riding a bicycle." That means it's supposed to be easy. Well, for my 53rd birthday this year, my daughter and son-in-law gave me money to help buy a bicycle for me to ride. This, of course, is for my health. And frankly, I do like it better than walking...somewhat.
I remembered when I was young I would get on the bike and with a few pumps of the pedals I was going so fast. The breeze was flowing through my hair. I got places really fast and I could ride forever. Now I have to wear a helmet so my hair doesn't flow in the breeze and besides it's a lot shorter. And I've noticed how many hills there are in Nebraska. My old bike had one gear. This new one has 25 or 30. And I don't remember sweating as much as a kid when I rode the bike. Now in 30 minutes, I can see all the houses in my general neighborhood. It just doesn't seem that I go near as far in the amount of time.
So don't let anyone use that saying anymore. Because it's not. It's much, much harder. I hope your day is great. JW

No comments: