Monday, June 04, 2007

Evelyn Juanita Garloch White

Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I have talked a lot about my mother. Today, June 4, would have been her 86th birthday had she lived. How appropriate, though, I've been listening to Rick Atchley's sermon series on Heaven. That is, I'm convinced with all my heart, is where she will be for eternity.
I learned so much at her feet. Her compassion, her tenderness, her grit, her joy, her devotion were all things I admired greatly about her. She used to sing at the kitchen sink. She didn't sing songs about just anything. She sang hymns. She was teaching her boys about Jesus through song. And when I collected the white flowers of clover from our yard, mere weeds, she acted as if they were a dozen roses. She would get a glass of water and put them in there. And when I knocked over my drink at the table, even though my brothers would fuss at me for making a mess, she would say, "It'll come out in the wash." And although I towered over her physically in her later years, I never measured up to her spiritual greatness in the Lord. So today, I wish you a happy birthday, Mom. I miss you. Have a great day. JW

No comments: