Saturday, April 12, 2008

God's Sense of Humor

God has a sense of humor. I know He does because today, April 12, here in Nebraska it's been snowing. April showers bring May flowers. At least that was the maxim I remember. What do April snows bring? Don't give me something like, "April snows bring May's rose." I guess I can't complain because out west they had 10-12 inches of the white stuff. It's not even sticking here.
Who would have thought this Ohio boy, transplanted to Arkansas would end up preaching in Nebraska? Had you asked me when I was in college where I would be and what I would be doing, I would have told you that I would be teaching science and coaching basketball. I ended up a youth minister. Then I went to Christian education. And had you asked me while I was in graduate school what I would be doing, I would have told you that I would be working at a university somewhere. Which I did. But the circumstances changed and God led me back into preaching. And here I am watching it snow in Nebraska in April.
What am I saying here? I guess, don't be surprise what God will do with you or where He will take you. You may tan easily, love the warm weather, and He might put you in a cold place where you are to warm people's hearts. I don't know. I wish I could tell you exactly what God will do with you. But I guess that's part of the fun. That's what makes life exciting. So, sit back, relax, and allow God to work His wonders....and watch out for His sense of humor. I hear Him chuckling right now. Have a great day. JW

1 comment:

GK said...

Just "Amen" to God's amazing sense of humor!