Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Happy Birthday, Dad. You would have been 88 years old today. It's been almost 15 years since you went to your reward. That just doesn't seem possible. Fifteen years in my life, just the beginning of eternity for you. In that time, Mom has come to be with you. I know you've met some of my friends who have gone on in the last few years. I'm sure you were there to greet them when they arrived.
I have missed your laugh. I have missed being able to call you and tell you the latest joke I have heard. I miss having the opportunity to call and talk about anything. I wish you could see your grandkids. I have missed your wisdom and encouragement. But life goes on.
I have so much to thank you for. But it'll have to wait until I come to be with you. I don't know how or if they celebrate birthdays in heaven. But if they do, I hope you have a good one. Take care. Jim

No comments: