Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Need Your Love

All right. Do this. Remember your earliest memory of any kind of church song. Now sing it with me, slowly, with feeling like you used to:

Jesus loves me, this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.


I don't know why but the song often brings tears to my eyes. A children's song loaded with the message of God's love. How many times do you read stories in the Bible about Jesus having compassion on someone? In the Old Testament, you read of a God who agonizes over His people who leave Him over and over and over again. He lets them return many times over. Jesus tells of the Prodigal Son who returns and of a loving Father who runs to meet him. Paul tells of how God demonstrated (not just told us) His love for us by sending His son.
The passion that He has for us is overwhelming. The love He bears is unbelievable. And we break His heart with our sins, with our rebellion, with our obstinance.
I don't want to do that to Him. So today I want to pledge my heart to Him. I want to allow Him to come inside and break my heart and make me into what He wants. Please...join me in this.

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

I hope your day is a good one. JW

1 comment:

jackie chesnutt said...

You've been tagged, Jimmy meboy. Please go to my blog and 'do thou likewise.' I love you.