Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Contentment

There are times when I marvel at God's goodness and workings. I used to wonder about His dealings with me in my life. But for now, I see Him in everything. Perhaps I'll need to be reminded later. Right now, though, I find it extremely fun and gratifying to see Him work in other's lives.
He sat in my office today, calm, content, yet without a job. He is dealing with a couple of serious situations in his life. He has a number of transitions going on in his life. And though the emotions were close to the surface, there was a calmness in his life. He was secure in his thinking knowing that God is in control. Will it always be that way? I don't know, but I hope so. I think he'll be fine.
I see in him really what Paul talks about in Philippians 4:13. "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." We have so misused this verse. We have made it the Zig Ziglar, "I can accomplish anything I put my mind to" verse. Look what Paul is saying. Right before, he says he's learned to be content in any and every circumstance. The verse is about contentment, not self help stuff. That's what I saw in the man whose eyes I looked at today. And I'm glad for him. I think he'll be all right.
Have a great day. JW By the way, be content.

2 comments:

David U said...

I'm still trying to learn this lesson, my brother. Our culture says to NEVER be content! Thanks for the encouragemnt and reminder.

Keep bloggin....great stuff!

DU

David U said...

oops, excuse my spellink! :) I meant to say "Encouragement".

I do good to spell Kat.

DU