Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Cup Overflows!!

I always learn more in class from others than I do my own study. We've been studying the 23rd Psalm on Wednesday evenings. It has been a rich study and one that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Last night we talked about "my cup overflows." I stoppped and asked the class to let me know how their cup overflows. Someone said, "My family." That wasn't a good enough answer for me so I pushed, "How?" I received a little better answer. But what came next was one of those "moments."
Someone said, "The struggles I have come through help me to realize how blessed I really am." C'mon now! That's crazy and it sure isn't scriptural....is it? "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." (James 1:2, 3) Daniel thanked God when the King Nebuchadnezzar put forth the edict that no one was to pray to anyone save the king or he would face the lions den. Read it. Daniel 6:10-12. He thanked God "just as he had done before."
God brings me through those times. He carries me. He lifts me up. He tends my wounds. And He doesn't leave me there. He always has something better. Maybe you're coming through some difficult times. Read Psalm 23 and realize that your cup is overflowing. Careful, it's spilling on the floor as we speak. God is so good. Have a great day! JW

No comments: