Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Yeah for Krispy Kreme

I've always liked Krispy Kreme. When I was traveling over here from York to fill in, before I got this job, we would leave early enough to stop by Krispy Kreme. Now that we live here, I have Krispy Kreme so rarely. Of course, if I did eat it all the time, I would weigh about 3 tons. You've seen the guy on the news who lost about 500 pounds? That would have been me. The guy was from Nebraska so maybe he got that way from eating Krispy Kreme.
Wow, I digress. Krispy Kreme has a policy that any kid who gets an "A" in a subject at school would be treated to a free donut. I've considered going back to school just for the prospect. Anyway, in Indiana the Krispy Kreme denied a kid a freebie when he showed he had received an "A" in Bible. After much ballyhoo and a response from Dr. James Dobson, the company apologized, sent out a notice to all of their Krispy Kreme franchises and said that the policy stood for a free donut for any course, even Bible. Yeah! Let's all go down to Krispy Kreme and celebrate. Finally, there's been some response to standing up for what's right. I've seen it several times lately. Let's do it some more! Have a great day. . .and go get a hot donut. JW

2 comments:

Karen said...

Someone needs to talk to the Krispy Kremes out here... we've been to 2 different ones (both not very close to home, either) and neither of them make cinnamon buns. There's something just wrong about that.

David U said...

Jim, that's all I need....another excuse to go to Krispy Kreme! :)
But hey, you are right.......we should show our support for their change of policy.

Thanks for the heads up......and for the extra 5 lbs.

DU