Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Mother's Blessing

May I share one more Christmas thing? Most of you know my mother died in March. She passed away in her sleep in such a wonderful, peaceful way. If you knew my mother, she was a sweet and godly woman who raised four boys. She was a faithful wife to my father who died in 1993.
My brother who lives in France sent my brothers and I a poem that he found in my mother's papers. The poem is in her handwriting so I don't know if she wrote it herself or if she was just copying another. My inclination is that she wrote it. But it helped me feel her presence once more and to understand what was important to her. Listen to these words

I may not be there Christmas eve,
But I would have you folks believe
That my heart will be there with you
With all my love and I'd renew
The family ties that bind us fast
With memories of Christmas past.

I'll close my eyes and see your faces
And all those sweet remembered places
About our home that I shall miss.
And on that day, remember this:
I'm thankful God has given me
So wonderful a family.

Merry Christmas one last time. And a Happy New Year. Let's make this one a good one. And let's make it for the Lord! JW

P.S. I'd put the other one poem he sent in, but you only have a limited supply of kleenexes. She had another one called My First Christmas in Heaven. Let me know if you want to see that one.

No comments: