Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Amazing Things

So many thoughts come to mind as I write this opening blog for 2006. Martha, Nate, and I made a trip to Florida to attend a friend's son's wedding. Much could be said about that. Nate (my 16 year old) and I were able to really spend some really cool time golfing while Martha shopped. Good tidbits of insights into what's tweaking his mind right now. What's really crossing my mind is what's going to happen in 2006?
I guess we could look at it in a negative way, i.e. "This last year has had some really tough times. What does the future hold?" Pessimism could abound as we look at what's going to happen. We could say, "We really have no clue what's going to happen. Who would have thought what happened last year really did happen?" Kind of a floppy kind of outlook.
Right now, I'm choosing to take the positive outlook. "Who knows what wonderful things God has in mind for this year?" When I graduated from graduate school in 1995, I received a mug that said, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) That Scripture really means a lot to me. Or how about Paul's admonition in Philippians 3 to press on to the hope we've been called to? There are so many things that will happen this year. Personally, I'm excited about them. And I hope you are too. At the first of the book of Joshua, God is encouraging the Israelites and Joshua says to them, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." I believe that. In 2006 God is going to do amazing things among us! Have a great day. Have a great year! JW

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad FL was fun. We'd have loved to have been there too... away from all this rain!

It was sweet of you to call us last night, so soon after getting home.

I'll be on the lookout for the amazing this year. A relocation to Omaha sounds pretty good.